Monday, March 17, 2014

My Top 10 Disneyland Eats

Confession.  I have been to Disneyland & Disneyworld numerous times and I’ve never had a Dole Whip. 

I feel like I had to preface this post by saying that because Dole Whips seem to be on every Disney lover’s “list” for must eats… Basically, I’m not a huge fan of softserve, that’s all.  I’m sure Dole Whips are delicious, but I prefer regular ice cream instead.

With that being said, here are my top 10 Disneyland eats!

top 10 disneyland eats

(I’m aware none of these are too healthy of treats—but 1, we were on vacation
and 2, we walked…a lot!  We worked it all off… :)

source

Flatbread Pizza from California Adventure’s Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta

I’m not sure if I was just super hungry, but this flatbread pizza really hit the spot.  I stuck with the classic cheese pizza and I was pleasantly surprise.  My mom and I split this pizza with the Boardwalk Field Greens Salad…also delicious! 

IMG_2436

Mickey Loaf from California Adventure’s Boudin Bakery

I’m not a huge bread person…but a giant loaf of sourdough bread shaped like Mickey’s head?! Count me in.  These make fun gifts to bring back too! :)

source

Safari Skewer from Disneyland’s Bengal Barbecue

This was something my mom and I tried on a whim, and I’m sure glad we did!  Bacon wrapped anything is usually delicious, and this bacon wrapped asparagus was no different.  It was a great savory snack!

IMG_2424

Corn Dog from Disneyland’s Corn Dog Cart

I am definitely guilty of loving a good corn dog… and they don’t get much better than these!  Not only are they delicious, they are pretty big (as you can see) and they are served with apples or potato chips.

IMG_2454

Mickey Pretzel from all over Disneyland & California Adventure

Much like the Mickey Loaf, I’m all for anything Mickey Shaped… I just love it!  These pretzels are seriously scrumptious… they do charge extra for cheese though so if you’re a cheese and pretzel kind of person, be warned. (I am not…so it didn’t bother me. :)

source

Pommes Frites from Disneyland’s Café Orleans

Ask Zack what my one food weakness is and he will say french fries.  It’s one one unhealthy food that I can never seem to resist.  These Pommes Frites take the classic french fry up a notch.  From the menu, “Traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Remoulade.”  That remoulade you guys, soooo good!  I would have been happy just eating these for every meal. (But I didn’t, don’t worry. :)

beignets

Mickey Beignets from Disneyland’s Café Orleans

Also from Café Orleans are these fluffy little Mickey shaped Beignets.  I guess I don’t have to mention again my addiction to Mickey shaped food… but I just did.  These sweet little treats are the perfect end to any meal… or the perfect sweet snack!  They come with 2 heavenly dipping sauces, raspberry and vanilla bean.  Along with the Pommes Frites, these were probably my favorite new thing that we tried from this trip.

churro

Churro from carts all over Disneyland & California Adventure

Churros are a classic.  The cinnamon and sugar goodness makes churros Zack’s favorite Disneyland treat.

IMG_2452IMG_2453

Coffee from Starbucks in Disneyland or California Adventure

Being from the Pacific Northwest, I love my coffee.  I’ll admit I was a bit sad when I heard Starbucks was going into Disneyland, I thought it might ruin things a bit… but I was wrong.  I loved going into the Disney Starbucks and seeing how even though there were a lot of things the same as regular Starbucks… they definitely “Disney-fied” things.  It was really interesting to see, and I loved the special Disney cups!  I’m not sure why they haven’t made special Disney/Starbucks reusable tumblers available for purchase yet, because I know they would be popular… I would have definitely bought one! 

After getting soaked on Splash Mountain I was freezing!  A nice hot cup of coffee was just what I needed. :)

For those Disney fans that are still against the Starbucks invasion, I also had delicious espresso at Café Orleans—much cheaper than Starbucks too!

IMG_2431

Mickey Bars from all over Disneyland & California Adventure

This is by far my #1 Disney treat.  Growing up and going to Disneyland/world with my family was really special, we made so many wonderful memories!!  A lot of these memories have to do with getting these wonderful Mickey Bar treats.  They will forever hold a special place in my heart. :)

IMG_2451

Another "favorite” not included on my list are the famous turkey legs.  I’ve had one before and I wasn’t a huge fan.  However, the Lego version of myself (above) is.

-----------------------------------------------------

Your turn… what’s your favorite Disney food?!  If you’ve never been to Disneyland/World, what was the best food you’ve found while traveling?

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! You are really making me want to go to Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mickey loaf, mickey pretzel, mickey Beignets and mickey ice cream? hehe, it all makes me giggle :) i've never heard of a dole whip but it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love amusement park food! I barely remember what we ate the last time we were at Disneyland. It was my first time and we were only there for the day. I remember eating mozzarella sticks. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmigoodness. the amount of yummy deliciousness in this post is sinful! I've been to Disney World 10x and I've never tried any of these...my beignets were NOT Mickey - I feel jipped. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw people eating Mickey ice cream bars all over the place when we were at DisneyWorld in January. It was actually rather chilly so I couldn't quite understand that! And I had never heard of the turkey legs...so I was so surprised when I randomly saw someone sitting there eating...a turkey leg? haha, it just seemed random to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i am drooling everywhere now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)