Friday, March 14, 2014

Our Disneyland Trip 2014

A few weeks ago Zack and I were talking about what we wanted to do with some money we both had left from our birthdays.  It wasn’t a huge amount of money, but it was given to us with the intention that we would do something fun for ourselves with it.  Naturally, because I come from a Disney-obsessed family… I threw out the idea of going to Disneyland!

I threw out this idea just as a sort-of-joke.  I didn’t think there would be any way we would be able to make this happen.

Later that day I was doing the laundry, when I dug out a ton of change from the washing machine—I guess we forget to empty out pockets a lot and had quite the collection down there.  When I went to put the change in our change jar that we have, I realized we had quite a bit of change we could take to the bank to cash in.

So, with our birthday money, our spare change jar cashed in, our money from turning in cans and bottles, and a $99 companion fare with Alaska Airlines… this trip was starting to actually look doable.

When I mentioned the idea to my parents, my dad immediately asked, “Can I come?”  Like I said, we are a Disney obsessed family and jump at any chance to go!  Once my parents committed to going that helped out a lot too, because then we would only have to pay half of a hotel room.

I was seriously excited that everything was falling together!

IMG_2415

The last time I went to Disneyland was when I was in high school… so I didn’t remember much. (Zack has never been.)  We had 3 days to explore both Disneyland and California Adventure, we didn’t want to waste a second!

IMG_2418

The first day we got into California super early, so we spent most of the day at Disneyland.  We hit up all of our favorite rides and made sure to cover every inch of the park. :)

IMG_2422IMG_2426

The second day we went to California Adventure.

IMG_2432

Cars Land is pretty amazing.  The scenery in itself is worth going to!  Zack and I loved wandering around Cars Land both during the day time and at night.

The weather was perfect!  The first day it was a bit overcast, but the next 2 were sunny and in the 70’s.  It wasn’t too busy either!

IMG_2433

I am not sure why I even bothered straightening my hair… the first ride we went on (twice) was Grizzly River Run… we were soaked.  I guess it didn’t help that right after I got soaked I went on California Screamin’ so it gave a nice air dry to my hair. :) The rest of the day my hair was a mess, but we were in DISNEYLAND!  I didn’t mind, you can’t be mad about much when you’re at the happiest place on Earth.

IMG_2437

My man, Goofy.

IMG_2444IMG_2443

These two pictures (above) were taken while we were on the ferris wheel, seen below! IMG_2441

The third day we split between both parks as well as Downtown Disney.  We did a little shopping and went on any rides we hadn’t done yet…or just loved so much we had to do them again!

IMG_2449IMG_2455IMG_2457

Zack was starstruck.

IMG_2450IMG_2456IMG_2460

Just a quick nap in the teacup.

IMG_2448IMG_2451

At the Lego store downtown you could create your own Lego people.  This is Zack and I. :)  I might have been hungry at the time, can you tell?

IMG_2439IMG_2440

Overall it was such a spectacular trip.  We had so much fun.  I felt like 3 days was just enough to get my Disney fix for a little while…

IMG_2465

We feel so grateful for the ability to go on these fun little trips together.  Although, we did miss my sister… she was nice enough to cover us at work while we went…what a gem she is.

We will just have to take another trip back in a few years when Harper is old enough to go on all the rides. :)

IMG_2470

Have you ever been to Disneyland?! 
What’s your favorite part about vacation?

I will be doing a few fun Disney themed posts next week…
be sure to check back then! :)

7 comments:

  1. SO JEALOUS. I have never been to Disney and Matt always tells me it will be our first vacation together after we're married (aside from the honeymoon). I. Can't. Wait. Looks like you had an amazing time! And some of your captions had me cracking up.. pretty sure I'd be starstruck at that stormtrooper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Disney World way back in middle school but not Disneyland. That Cars World looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely beyond fun!!! I'm pretty stinking jealous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to Disney World a couple of times (once in Tokyo even!), but I've never been to Disneyland! I want to go someday. It looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome!! I've never been to Disneyland, but Angel grew up 10 minutes from there. Maybe someday I'll be able to talk him into heading back to his hometown for a visit! You guys look like you had such a blast...and yeah, If I was in Disney, I wouldn't care too much what my hairstyle looked like either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh. I have so many friends that have been going to Disney World (florida) lately. I have never been to either Disneyland or Disney World, but I'm definitely hoping to go one day. It just seems like so much fun! I love this post and especially that last picture of you and Zack! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)