Tuesday, April 15, 2014

on keeping secrets & being sick

Oh, life. :)

I have been MIA on the blog lately, mostly for one of two reasons…

1) I had been secretly planning a surprise 30th birthday party for my sister!  My cousin Jessie and I started this mission a couple months ago, and as things got down to the wire, the party consumed my life!  We wanted so badly to keep it a complete surprise for my sister, so I felt like I couldn’t even write a decent post… I couldn’t think about anything else!

1491671_10203331737604298_7551436433787639379_n

I will definitely be writing a more detailed post soon, but here’s a spoiler… she was completely surprised.  The party was so much fun and a huge success.

2) The other reason I have been MIA is because I have caught this nasty cold that’s been making its way around my family.  I am just thankful I got it after the party… and I’m hoping I am completely healed before we visit Zack’s family for Easter!

So that’s my life lately, I have so many ideas for this little space, I am hoping to get back to writing posts soon. :)

What have you been up to lately?

8 comments:

  1. i had a feeling that's what you were up to when i saw the surprise party pics on instagram - looks likes such a fun time, and so thoughtful of you to plan everything :) can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! That's so awesome that the surprise party worked after all the hard work you put into it! that would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh - 80s 80s 80s!! i love it!!
    and i hope you start feeling better! colds are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you managed to keep the party a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprises are so fun! I have the hardest time keeping surprises a secret. There was one time I was trying to surprise Tyler and the first time I found something out about the surprise, I told him. Yay, I'm not great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO fun that it was a surprise!! Hope you get to feeling better xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. blogs break are soo needed sometimes! I am glad you had such a great time, and so awesome that you put on such a great event for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better by now, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)