Friday, July 11, 2014

Baby Harrell [weeks 13-16]

16 weeks

Baby is the size of… an avocado! At 16 weeks Baby Harrell should be measuring around 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.

Big Developments… “Its legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his/her eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. His/her ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of their scalp has begun, though its locks aren't recognizable yet. He/she has even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his/her heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.” (Baby Center)

Cravings? Nothing really.  Still.

Aversions? Still pretty much everything.

Sleep?  I am starting to nap less throughout the day, but still feel exhausted by about 10pm.  I am still not sleeping well throughout the night, and I have the strangest dreams!

Other Symptoms? Nausea.  I am still getting sick once or twice in the mornings, and then have random nausea throughout the day.  I am getting used to the feeling of being nauseous and have gotten used to eating while feeling sick, which feels pretty counterintuitive.

This week is the first week I have noticed my stomach growing!  I woke up feeling bigger and told Zack to take my picture! :)  I am starting the feel the aches of my stomach growing, and my feet and back are starting to get really sore after working all day… I’m sure this will only get worse, but so worth it! :)

What I Miss?  Coffee, turkey sandwiches, and clam dip… which my aunt makes at family BBQs and I really missed eating it!

Maternity Clothes?  I bought my first few maternity items… a new bra, and a tank top.  I loveeeee how comfortable my new bra is, but I think I’m going to take it back and get a bigger size.  I wasn’t really thinking long term when I bought it.  The tank top is so nice too because I wear tank tops under everything—and this one is not so tight now! 

The bra was bought at Motherhood Maternity, and the tank top on Zulily.

My pants no longer button, so I’m going to need to figure that out soon, but I’m at that weird in-between stage where maternity pants are still too big, but my regular pants are too small.

New Baby Items? My parents bought a little Tigger “Lovie” for our baby.  Harper has a Pooh one that she LOVES… I can’t wait to get little pictures of Harper and our baby with their little Pooh and Tigger “Lovies."

We also got a crib!  A family that my cousin Jessie nannies for was getting rid of theirs and generously offered it to us.  We are definitely on a tight budget and this was a huge blessing.  We are so grateful!

8 comments:

  1. Cute bump!!!! So fun that you got a crib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. clam dip? i've never heard of it, but it sounds like we have similar tastes in all other areas, so i'm sure i'd like it:) your stomach is so gosh darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addison has an Eeyore "Lovie"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, this is Jennifer.

      Delete
  4. <3 I love hearing about how your pregnancy is going! I hope you feel back to 100% SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, it sounds like everything is moving along just right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't lie, I'm going to love keeping up with your pregnancy updates. I'm just so happy for you guys. And I have a feeling you are going to have one of the cutest baby bumps ever. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)