Friday, July 25, 2014

What I’m Loving Lately

Well, it’s Friday and today I am officially 19 weeks!

It’s been awhile since I’ve written about my life and the random little joys I’m appreciating lately.  And let me tell you, since I’ve been pregnant those little joys are few and far between… so I take advantage of them when I find them! :)

The Skimm

source

Have you guys heard of the Skimm?  I love to be informed about what’s going on in the world, and I usually can be found checking my CNN app once or twice a day… but to be honest, I don’t always understand the logistics of what I’m reading.  A lot of news articles don’t tell you the history behind the story, they expect you to know exactly what they’re talking about…and a lot of times I don’t!  Enter: The Skimm.  In their own words,

“TheSkimm is the daily e-mail newsletter that gives you everything you need to start your day. We do the reading for you - across subject lines and party lines - and break it down with fresh editorial content.”

So each weekday morning I receive an email filled with news updates.  Not only is it great to be informed, but the emails are written in a way that’s entertaining too! :)  To read an example of the emails that are sent each day, check them out here.  Or to sign-up yourself click here!

SoftLips Cube

source

I received this SoftLips Cube (Blueberry Pomegranate flavor) in my Spring Vox Box via Influenster.  To be honest, I’m a loyal Burt’s Bees fan—I have yet to find a chapstick/lip balm that comes close to my love for good ol’ Burt’s… but this cube comes close.  I loved the scent of the cube, which was unexpected, and when applied it gave my lips that tingly feeling that I love… it makes me feel like it’s really working, ya know?  Overall, do I love it better than Burt’s?  No.  But it’s nice to have options…and the cube packaging is pretty fun too.

Sisterhood Everlasting

source

I want to write a whole post dedicated to the books I’ve been reading lately (maybe next week?) but I wanted to share this one now.  I used to LOVE the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books when I was growing up.  I read all the books, and watched the movie multiple times—I had such a strong connection with the characters, I loved growing up with them as I read.  Well apparently I have been living under a rock and never knew that Ann Brashares wrote another Sisterhood book, but this time they are all grown up!  I read this book in like 2 days, I loved getting caught up with my favorite characters lives.  I was half expecting the book to be cheesy and young, because that’s probably what I would think of the other books now… but I was surprised by the more adult themes and mature subject content.  It makes sense, but it was just unexpected.  I loved it!

Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars

source

Over the past 19 weeks I have been surviving on granola bars and Saltines…I wish I was joking.  Other foods are phased in and out depending on my temperamental nausea… but granola bars and Saltines have been my go-tos.  My current granola bars of choice are the Nature Valley Crunchy variety.  I’ve been enjoying them with some yogurt in the mornings, and as snacks throughout the day.  So far, so good.  Honorable mention to the Odwalla Chocolate Chip Peanut bars, also a solid choice.

Last but most certainly not least…

I am absolutely LOVING the invites my sister made for our GENDER REVEAL PARTY!!!

Originally, Zack and I weren’t planning on doing any sort of big reveal when we had our gender screening ultrasound.  But if you remember, I threw my sister a big party for her gender reveal—and it was so much fun! 

My sister was anxious to start planning some sort of reveal for us, so we agreed to some sort of low-key BBQ or something to reveal the gender of our little bundle… but if you know my sister, she doesn’t exactly do low-key. :)  We are definitely excited to see what she comes up with, and most excited to find out if we will be having a little boy or girl!

I have now fully embraced the idea of a big gender reveal bash and have invited lots of family and friends.  I CAN’T WAIT!

Anyways, check out the invitations she sent out to everyone:

gender reveal invite

Perfect for us. :)

Now we are hoping and praying that all goes well during the ultrasound and that Baby Harrell cooperates so that we can actually find out the gender on the scheduled day!

What have you been loving lately?!

8 comments:

  1. Haha. I survived on those granola bars during early pregnancy too... But I ate them because I was always SO hungry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read that book as well! The Sisterhood Series was one of my favorites growing up! And that definitely seems like the perfect gender reveal/invite for you guys! And I'll need to see another picture of the bump before I make my guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And I meant to include that I hope you are feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got a chance to read Sisterhood Everlasting. I, too, loved it and was most definitely not expecting all of the plot twists that took place.

    And that is such an adorable gender reveal theme/invite! I hope to see photos and hear more about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a friend just recommended The Skimm, and i'm loving it- a perfect way to get the info you need without digging through the paper. also, your baby shower invite is so, so cute - i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the invite, might have to use it in the future ;) Can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was SO shocked by that Sisterhood Everlasting book! I cried so much in that! It was neat to see how the girls' ended up, though, even if parts of it were sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that Skimm thing sounds really interesting - thanks! totally signing up :)
    love the invite - i just love these gender reveal parties!!! such a fun sounding thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)