I’m linking up with Kiki over at in its time for her monthly Circle link-up. I can’t believe I haven’t participated in this link-up since March!
This month we are sharing what’s in our bag…
In my family, I’ve always been known for having a big purse filled with the most random things. (See #5 below for an example. :) This past year I’ve been trying to downsize, mostly because you get tired after hauling around a big purse all day!
So, what you see below is what is in my smaller purse, the one that I currently carry with me daily. I do however have a bigger purse filled with other, probably unnecessary, things that I can switch to in a moment’s notice… To be honest, I usually just throw my smaller purse inside the bigger one—I’m so lazy.
1. Compact mirror—I don’t hardly wear makeup… so it seems silly to carry a little mirror around. But sometimes you just have to make sure there’s nothing in your teeth, you know? :)
2. Movie tickets—Zack and I got these as a gift and the one time we went to use them we left them at home! So now I carry them in my purse, just in case!
3. Coffee punch card—Self-explanatory. Although I haven’t used it in awhile since my coffee habit has diminished almost entirely. :(
4. Mint gum—I have always loved chewing gum, but since getting pregnant my gum chewing habit has increased significantly. My mouth will just randomly start to taste really bad and it will make me super nauseous. The gum helps that.
5. Play Dough—This is definitely random… but a few years ago we were having a family game night over at my cousin’s house and we were playing Cranium. One of us got a Sculpturades, where you have to sculpt an object for people to guess… only when we went to get the dough out, it was all dried up. Luckily, I had Play Dough in my purse! (I have no idea why I had Play Dough in my purse at the time, but I’m glad I did!) For obvious reasons, my cousins thought this was hilarious, and now I will receive random gifts of Play Dough from family members which, of course, end up in my purse.
6. Wallet—I have a bigger wallet/clutch in my big purse, but when we went to Hawaii I wanted a smaller card carrier that I could just throw in a beach bag, that would hold just my ID and credit card. My cousin Jessie let me borrow hers, and she has yet to ask for it back… I told her to let me know when she wants it.
7. Burt’s Bees Chapstick—My favorite.
8. Barf Bag—Just in case. #pregnancyproblems
9. Sea Bands—In case you missed this post… I’ve been super nauseous all day every day. I’ve been desperate and have tried literally everything. I’ve heard that Sea Bands help a lot of pregnant women… sadly, I am not one of them.
10. Random junk—Bobby pins and change.
11. Other random pregnancy necessities—Tums. Jolly Ranchers. (See #4.) And a random pen… not a pregnancy necessity, just nice to have sometimes.
12. Inhaler & Hand Sanitizer—Two potential life savers. :)
That's all! :) What's the strangest thing in your purse?!