Sunday, September 21, 2014

Baby Harrell [weeks 23-26]

bumpdate

Baby is the size of…  a mango [23], an ear of corn [24], a rutabaga or eggplant [25], and a scallion [26].

eggplant

Big Developments… “The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.” (From Baby Center)

Cravings? APPLES!  This is the biggest craving I’ve had that’s lasted over the past few weeks.  Sweets in general are the only things sounding good to me, but I try and stick to mostly apples to keep it on the healthy side. 

Also, the craving for coffee is back with full force.  I have missed coffee a lot, but when I was sick all the time it did not sound appealing.  I have started drinking some decaf coffees every once in awhile.

Aversions? A lot of things are still not sounding great—macaroni and cheese and chicken strips especially.  I am, for the most part, feeling a lot better! *knock on wood*

Sleep? Zack and I have been working a lot lately so I’ve been extra sleepy.  This however, has not changed my sleep habits… I’m still tossing and turning all night long.  

Other Symptoms? I have been having some really bad back pains.  We were able to take a trip down South to visit Zack’s family last week and Zack surprised me with a prenatal massage!! It was so amazing, and it helped for a few hours… but then the pains were back again.  I’m sure they will only get worse as I get bigger, but it is rough!

Our baby boy has been moving around like crazy! Zack has been able to feel him a lot, and his mom and cousin were able to feel him too while we were visiting!  I am starting to see my stomach move from the outside too which is just crazy.  It is really strange to feel something so active inside of you… but I am thankful for the insane blessing of being pregnant and the constant reminder that he is alive and well. :) 

What I Miss?  Feeling “normal.”  I can’t remember what it feels like to be hungry.  I just get nauseous instead… and to just sit without any aches or pains.

I am not meaning to sound like a complainer—I am so thankful for this experience… I just want to document everything so I can remember it all and maybe even compare to a future pregnancy. :)

Maternity Clothes?  I finally found some maternity pants that fit!  I am so excited for the cooler weather to wear them now!  I also got a few more hand-me-downs from Zack’s cousin… My closet is packed and ready for cooler weather.

New Baby Items? Oh man you guys… This little guy is going to be one fashionable dude.  We have been so extremely blessed with so many amazing hand-me-downs  and gifts from so many people.  We are set from birth to about 9 months!  We are overwhelmed with gratitude for the generosity from our families and friends.

Now we just need to start putting his room together… it’s filled with boxes and tubs at the moment and my nesting brain is starting to kick in.

-----------------------------------------------

That is all. Until next time, folks! :)

7 comments:

  1. Set until 9 months? Sounds awesome! Excited for you and can't believe it is going so fast. And do not worry about those fall clothes I get to wear. As I am jealous of that bump you get to sport :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when we have a baby I'm already planning on just not buying anything because I know there will be too many doting friends and family showering the little one with gifts. That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great momma! Love that you are craving apples, haha!! I eat those all the time :) What a great craving to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, i feel ya on missing that 'normal' feeling. for me, i wish i didn't feel so fatigued and hungry -- and now i'm wanting apples! ah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Apples are a great thing to crave! You are lucky in that sense. At least it's not donuts, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!

    http://the--arnolds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)