Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fall Food Favorites

Now that it is officially September, does that mean it’s socially acceptable to talk about all things pumpkin and turkey now?!  I sure hope so… because that’s what I am doing today.

We had our first dose of fall this past weekend with some rain and cooler weather… it got a lot of people really excited for the season to come!  I wish I could say I was one of those people, but I’m a summer girl through and through.  You’ll never hear me complaining about sunshine.

Although summer is my season of choice, there are a few things that get me pretty amped for the fall season… one of those things being fall food!  I’d love to share those with you today!

Fall Treats

I’m not a fan of the pumpkin spice latte, but these treats sure look like a great, indulgent substitute…



Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins via Damn Delicious




Pumpkin Apple Cider Doughnuts via Heather Kinnaird




Candy Corn Cookies via Jenna Weber (These are my FAVORITE!!)




Also a good option?  Pumpkin Spice Cakies via yours truly.

Warm, Comforting, Soup Dinners

Nothing is better on a cozy fall night than a delicious soup dinner!  Here are some we love in our house…or are excited to try this year!



Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup via Baked by Rachel




Smoky Kale & Bean Soup via Jenna Weber




Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup via Budget Savvy Diva


(We make this yearly—SO good!)


Also our favorite comforting dinner year-round?  Chicken & White Bean Chili via yours truly.

Fall Drinks

I obviously won’t be partaking in a few of these adult options, but they all look too delicious to not share!



Sparkling Apple Cider Float via Hot Eats & Cool Reads




Apple Cider Sangria via My Life & Kids




Slow Cooker Apple Cider via No. 2 Pencil




Apple Cider Slushies via Clean & Scentsible



I’m obviously a sucker for anything served inside an apple… not to mention, apples are for sure my #1 pregnancy craving right now.

So that’s all for me today… I’d love to hear/see some links to some of your favorite fall treats!  Leave them in the comments below!

To see all my favorite Fall ideas, be sure to follow my
Fall Festivities Board via Pinterest!

5 comments:

  1. i saw those pumpkin donut muffins on pinterest and wanted one immediately- they combine 3 of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay - pumpkin apple cider doughnuts get in my mouth! Yum! its 11pm here and i shouldn't be thinking about eating all of this - but thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love summer and I'm already a little sad that it's ending, but I have to say that I do love soup season! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. September does NOT equal fall's beginning!!!!! I'm rebelling against all this fall talk! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness!!! It's still 100 here - not ready for fall :) I can't eat any of these, but they sure do look good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)