Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Baby Harrell [weeks 26-31]

27

Baby is the size of…  a coconut! [31 weeks!]  This week, our baby measures over 16 inches long and he weighs about 3 1/3 pounds.

Big Developments…He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up.

30

Cravings? Apples! (still :) And hot chocolate.  Sweets in general are still the only things that sound appealing to me.

Aversions? Week 30 was a rough week for me, the nausea and vomiting were back in full force.  With that, new aversions came… this time bacon sounds awful, which I never had a problem with before.  Despite the sickness and lack of weight gain, baby continues to grow and be extremely healthy so we are incredibly thankful.

Sleep?  Not much still.  My back has been killing me at nights making it so hard to sleep peacefully.

31

Other Symptoms? This past week I experienced my first Braxton Hicks contractions.  They didn’t hurt at all, it was just a severe tightness in my lower stomach area… very uncomfortable.  After talking to my midwife I decided I probably should focus more on drinking more water and listening to the cues my body has been giving me.

Big Events? I had my first baby shower!  Zack’s mom and cousin threw me an adorable shower during my 30th week down in Southern Oregon.  A big group of my family made the trip down with me, and a huge group of Zack’s family came to help shower baby and I with lots of love and gifts!  I left that day with my heart feeling seriously full.  I’m hoping to dedicate a post to that shower soon!

During that time in Southern Oregon I unfortunately was feeling pretty awful and I think my feelings got the best of me.  I had been looking forward to that weekend for so long and once it was here, I felt like I couldn’t fully enjoy it because I felt so nauseous and uncomfortable!  I was really frustrated and had a little breakdown that first night we were there… Luckily, the next day (the day of the shower) I felt 10x better and I was so thankful for that!

-------------------------------------------------

9 more weeks (*fingers crossed*) until we get to meet this little guy! I can’t believe how quickly these past few weeks have flown by.  Although this pregnancy has not been easy, I am so grateful and have been trying to just savor the good moments and not take it all for granted. :)

8 comments:

  1. You look wonderful! Can't wait to see all about the baby shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 You are such an adorable pregnant woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'll be here so soon! You're most of the way there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I hate that you haven't been sleeping! I have a few nights of that here and there and it is so awful! But it sounds like you are doing great and so exciting that you had your first shower!

    Oh and thanks so much for stopping by my blog today - so exciting to have new blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, you look so, so sweet! i hope my bump is as cute as yours. i'm also craving apples and hot chocolate, so hopefully that means it'll be similar? dunno, but fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, amazing developments! I hope there are some restful and more comfortable days ahead for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww hooray for your first baby shower! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)