Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pregnancy Essentials [#thecirclelinkup]

I’m linking up today again with Kiki at In Its Time to share a few of my latest pregnancy essentials.  I am by no means an expert on pregnancy… if you’ve read any of my “bumpdates” then you know I haven’t had an easy go of things, but there are a few things that have really helped me through these past 35 weeks.

top ten pregnancy essentials

one- Motherhood Maternity Leggings. These leggings are the most comfortable things in the world!  I have black and grey, but I wish I would have invested in a few more colors earlier on in pregnancy.  Also, in store and online at the Motherhood Maternity website they frequently have BOGO free or 50% deals on these!

two- Extra Spearmint Gum.  Dealing with constant nausea and heartburn is rough… but I’ve found that chewing a piece of mint gum really helps me out.  This has been my go-to flavor for the past few months.

three- Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter.  Most articles and books you read say that stretch marks are mostly genetic and there’s not a lot you can do to prevent them… I however did not want to chance it.  I ordered this belly butter and use it frequently, and so far *knock on wood* I haven’t gotten any stretch marks. The lack of smell was really nice in the first 2 trimesters too when I was sensitive to any strong smells.

four- Adidas Women’s Ultimate Fleece Sweatpants. During my second trimester when my normal clothes started getting a bit too uncomfortable, Zack decided I needed a good, cozy pair of sweats.  We went to the Adidas outlet where they were having a BOGO free sale for all fleece, and Zack and I both got some!  (Only mine were a size or two bigger than my pre-pregnancy size. :)  It’s been nice to have a big pair of sweats to change into after a long day of work… I highly recommend it.

five- Honey Crisp Apples. It’s been no secret that for the past few months I’ve been obsessed with apples.  These are my variety of choice… so delicious!

six- Peppermint Tums.  Heartburn blows.  Tums help.  ‘Nough said.

seven- Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins.  At the beginning of pregnancy I researched all the different prenatal vitamins and immediately ordered the top of the line brand with the best reviews.  Well, after a few days of throwing those up (sorry) I could not even stand looking at the package of them.  Enter these gummy vitamins… I am really bad at taking them consistently (sorry baby!) But they don’t make me vomit… and that’s always a plus.

eight- Snoogle Body Pillow.  My sister let me borrow her snoogle the second she found out I was pregnant and it. is. wonderful!  I haven’t slept well since I found out I was pregnant… but I’m convinced it would be even worse without this.

nine- Hot Chocolate.  Along with apples, this has been a big craving.  So delish!

ten- Gilmore Girls.  Or Netflix in general.  I’ve spent a lot of time these past 35 weeks on the couch and in bed.  My go-tos have been the Office first, and now Gilmore Girls.  I’m currently watching Season 4, I wonder how far I’ll get before our little bundle gets here! :)

-------------------------------------------------

What are some of your life essentials lately?  Pregnant or not, everyone has a few things that help get them through a rough day… I’d love to hear yours!

8 comments:

  1. It's funny - I have loved everything apple as well! Apple sauce, dried apples - everything! So weird! I never did maternity leggings (I just wore my old ones below my belly) but I wish I had gotten a pair of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I may not be pregnant but I loooove apples right now, too! Honeycrisp are one of the few I eat fresh (I'm picky when it comes to sweetness/tartness, crispness, and juiciness, too. Honeycrisps are definitely the winners, if you ask me! But I'm also game for anything apple. :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love honeycrisp apples and they also have been my go-to pregnancy snack. I often pair them up with almond butter. The best! Other pregnancy essentials....a good pair of maternity jeans. Not the cheap ones because those itch on the belly, but a flattering soft pair of jeans. I am also digging coconut oil (found at an apothecary place where I live) on the belly each evening. We added a couple drops of lavender in it and it has been a life saver for the massive stretching of the belly and prevention of stretch marks. Another....soft cardigans. I could go on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good friend of mine got me hooked on honey crisp apples, and seriously they are the BEST. oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm already a fan of the gummies and the hot chocolate, but i think i need that pillow! and the mama bee? yes please!! awesome suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I would have gotten one of those pillows! You better believe I will for my next pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I'm not and have never been pregnant, but I saw those pillows and heard everyone raving about them/talk about continuing to use them long after pregnancy so I got one an I LOVE it! I don't use it every night, but whenever I do my sleep is even more wonderful than usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gilmore Girls, how we love you! :) And that Snoogle pillow looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)