Friday, December 12, 2014

Baby Harrell [weeks 35-38]

38 weeks

In case you missed it:
Our pregnancy announcement.
Telling our families.
Our gender reveal party.
His name and the meaning behind it.

Baby is the size of…  a leek! [38 weeks!]  He weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long.

Big Developments… He has a firm grasp and his organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. (!!!)

Cravings? None really… still mostly just sweets and other things that are not good for me. :)

Aversions? Still nauseous most of the time.  Zack just chooses what to eat for dinner and doesn’t consult me anymore… he’s learned finally that truly nothing ever sounds good and I end up eating whatever is set in front of me despite how it sounds.

Sleep?  Definitely feeling more tired these days.  Not sure if that’s because I’m tossing and turning all night or up and down going to the bathroom… but I am usually ready to sleep at any point throughout the day. 

Other Symptoms? Lots of heartburn.  I keep the Tums beside the bed so that when I wake up in the middle of the night I can just eat one and go back to sleep—which usually works.  Still feeling lots of little kicks up in my ribs, but my midwife says his head is nice and low which is good!  Also, I am starting to get a little swelling in my hands and feet, but not too much.

Big Events?  We attended the Beach Boys concert, which JJ either loved or hated—he was dancing around in my belly through the whole thing!  We also attempted (& failed mostly) at a few maternity pictures…

-----------------------------------------------------

I can’t believe that I am at 39 weeks today!  My due date is in ONE week!  I simply cannot believe it.  I am equally terrified and excited for labor and to meet this little guy… we are just hoping he makes his big debut before Christmas. :)

5 comments:

  1. you might not feel well, but you look great <3 i've had a lot of friends complain about heart burn, but i guess i'm not there yet? when did you start to feel it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so close!!! Hope your heartburn goes away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful! What a pretty shot of you and baby! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)