Wednesday, January 28, 2015

#FrostyVoxBox Review

Right before I had JJ I received an awesome VoxBox in the mail from Influenster.  I was a little preoccupied for a few weeks so I wasn’t able to dig into the goodies until recently… Here are my thoughts on the things I was sent.

In full disclosure, I did receive these items at no cost in exchange for my honest review… All thoughts and opinions expressed are 100% my own.

Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover: I don’t wear a lot of makeup, especially now that my time is limited with a newborn.  However, when I do wear makeup, I normally remove it at night with these Kirkland Signature facial tissues.  I am a big fan of the convenience factor with the wipes, so I have not really tried any other kinds.  This Rimmel brand makeup remover worked really well!  Overall it removed the makeup better than the wipes, but I still enjoy the convenience factor of the wipes more.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner: I received the black color, and I liked it!  I am not a makeup expert so I’m really not picky when it comes to eyeliner.  This one worked well and never smudged.  Thumbs up.

NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Color: The color I received was “Sugar Plum” which is a lighter shimmery pink color.  I don’t really wear lip color, but this shade was ok… not too bold, good for a more daily use.  I probably wouldn’t purchase it on my own, but I will wear it since I have it.

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea:  I have wanted to try this flavor of tea for a long time.  I have seen it around but haven’t wanted to spend money on buying a whole box when I didn’t know if I liked it.    I have a lot of tea at home already, but I don’t drink it very often… but I liked this one a lot!  My mom used to make me tea with fresh mint and honey when I was sick, and it reminded me of this!

Boots No7 Protect & Perfect ADVANCED & Intense: I received two little samples of this serum—and used them… but to be honest, I didn’t really notice any differences in my skin.  Maybe it’s just because my skin doesn’t have many issues, but supposedly it is supposed to make your skin look “younger.”  It seems to have great reviews overall, so I am sure if you are into that sort of product it works great.

McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme: This thyme was great!  I used it when making this recipe.  Zack and I both liked it a lot.

Fruit Vines Bites Strawberry:  I was thinking the flavor of these would be comparable to Twizzlers, and I was right.  I think they are a delicious snack that I would purchase again!  I got the strawberry flavor which was good, but I would like to try the cherry.  It definitely has that Twizzler-esque, fake cough syrupy type taste… which I am weirdly a fan of, so if you don’t like that you should not try these.

EcoTools Full Volume Styler: One thing my hair does not need, is more volume.  Naturally my hair is pretty full of volume, curly, frizzy, and unruly.  I was scared that this brush would get stuck in my hair… Maybe I will try it once my hair is straightened?  Give a little volume to my straight hair?  Maybe… but overall, this brush was not made for me.

--------------------------------------------------

Interested in learning more about InfluensterClick here to sign-up!

3 comments:

  1. I love Influenster!!! It's a great way to learn more about products AND the voxboxes are always great fun. I've been wondering what was in this one! I'm sorry that so many of the products in this one weren't really for you....But, I'm glad you found some that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this box! There are so many different companies who do this, but looks like you scored a lot of goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great box of goodies! I've wondered about that candy cane tea! Good to know it's so tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)