Sunday, May 10, 2015

Reflections On My First Mother’s Day

IMG_0419

Happy Mother’s Day to all you Mamas out there…what a special day it is!

mom

Happy Mother’s day to my Mama! I am so thankful for everything you’ve done for me through the years—and everything you still do for me today!  You have always been my #1 supporter and you’ve been the best example of what a mother should be. 

312505_2142907337658_1517981936_n

Happy Mother’s Day to my second Mom, the best mother-in-law a girl could ask for.  Thank you for being the best mom to Zack and teaching him how a lady should be treated.  I am forever thankful for your influence on our lives.

IMG_0418

…and to these guys!  Thank you for making me a mother.  I feel so lucky to have both of you boys in my life—I could not think of a better “job” to hold. :)  I truly feel like I was made to be a mother, no other career or position in my life has felt so fulfilling. 

Thank you for making today, and everyday, so special for me.  Mother’s Day definitely holds a new meaning this year and I am ever so thankful.

-----------------------

I also want to note that while my heart is full of joy today, there is also a heavy part thinking about all of you that have lost your mothers, babies, or are still waiting on your time to become a mother.  I cannot even begin to imagine the feelings you must be experiencing today and am praying for peace for each and every one of you.

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated Mother's Day to you! Keep enjoying that little guy of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day-- sounds like a great day!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) Mothers Day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (very belated) mother's day, girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a sweet and caring post xx
    Happy 1st Mother's Day for you! So lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)