Monday, June 8, 2015

Cake Batter Popcorn [a recipe]

I seem to have found my niche in the kitchen… I’m a popcorn connoisseur. :)  If you have been reading awhile, you might remember at my sister’s first baby shower I made a white chocolate peppermint popcorn for favors.  It was so dang delicious and perfect for the winter themed shower!

For my sister’s second baby shower I wanted to do some sort of sweet treat to go along with the sprinkle theme… introducing Cake Batter Popcorn!

cake batter popcorn

Ingredients

12 oz. buttered popcorn (1.5 cups unpopped kernels)

6 oz. white chocolate

2/3 cup Funfetti cake mix

Sprinkles (the non-peril, small round ones work best, even though I did not use those here)

Directions

1. Pop the popcorn.

2. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or on the stove.

3. Mix the cake mix into the white chocolate.

4. Spread the popcorn onto cookie sheets, mine fit perfectly on to 3.

5. Drizzle the white chocolate mixture over the popcorn.  I put mine in a small Ziploc bag and cut the corner off for easy drizzling.

6. Drop sprinkles on to the popcorn while the white chocolate is still wet, and let dry.

6. Once dry, put in a covered bowl or large Ziploc bags.

--------------------------------------------------------

This stuff is GOOD you guys, it was a big hit at the baby shower… to me, it kind of tasted like Lucky Charms.  So delicious!

5 comments:

  1. This is so creative!!! Looks like it's tasty too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that looks fantastic!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are making me drool!! I love popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to make this every single time i see it pop up on my pinterest board. look so, so good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)