Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Hadley’s Baby Sprinkle

IMG_0559

Because I’m a little behind on my blogging game, I’m not sure if I’ve shared that my sister is PREGNANT!  I’m going to be an auntie to a second little precious niece and I could not be more excited.  JJ is just about 11 months younger than his cousin, Harper… and he’ll be just about 6 1/2 months older than his cousin, Hadley! 

I love throwing parties and baby showers, I have shared a few of them here on the blog. (See Addison’s brunch shower, my sister’s gender reveal party and Harper’s winter themed shower.)  Now, it’s time for one more!

This past weekend we had Hadley’s Baby Sprinkle.  (Like a shower, but a sprinkle… get it?)  I thought it was clever. :)  Here’s the invitation that I whipped up:

sprinkle

Let me just tell you, I had so much fun with the sprinkle theme.  For decorations I wanted to stick with simple, bright accents!  Turns out buying sprinkles in bulk is pretty dang affordable—so we used them everywhere!  The only other thing I did really was buy some flowers from the Farmer’s Market the day of the shower… and cut out a ton of bright colored dots to put everywhere! 

Throwing a

IMG_0534

There’s a TV behind that tablecloth… but I thought this looked better. ;)

IMG_0535IMG_0539IMG_0537

I filled the vases with sprinkles for a pop of color and scattered some colored dots in the center of the tables.

IMG_0538

I really loved how the colored dots turned out.  Such an easy (and cheap) decoration!  Plus, all the babies loved playing with them. :)

IMG_0542IMG_0543

Sprinkles everywhere!

IMG_0545

How awesome is this diaper bouquet that my mom made?!  She individually rolled each diaper into a rose and put this together.  She is amazing.

IMG_0547

For food we had lots of delicious, sprinkled treats!

IMG_0544IMG_0525IMG_0546

We had Circus animal cookies, cake batter popcorn (recipe here!) and dark and white chocolate dipped pretzel rods with sprinkles.  (Those seemed to be the most popular!)

We also had a large fruit platter with strawberries, raspberries, apples, watermelon, blueberries, and grapes with this delicious fruit dip!  (We also threw in sprinkles, of course. :)  I didn’t get a picture of this, but you can kind of see it in the diaper flower picture above.

IMG_0548

We opted to have a make your own cupcake bar.  We had chocolate and vanilla mini cupcakes with your choice of chocolate and vanilla frosting.  Plus 10 different colors of sprinkles!  The mini cupcakes were so much fun because everyone could decorate a couple different ones to eat. :)

IMG_0533

As our guests walked in the door we had them sign a special canvas for Hadley, and put their address on an envelope (unpictured) for the ease of the mama to be when writing thank-you cards!

IMG_0536

For games I really wanted to keep things simple.  I always love having some sort of game while the mom opens her gifts to keep people entertained and attentive.  Sometimes I choose Bingo, but this is my favorite lately… You pick “rules” for different gifts, so this time when the mom opened up a pink item, the guests would pass a little ball 3 people to the right.  Any shoes opened and the ball would be passed 6 to the left.  Any card that rhymed, 4 people to the left, and any toy—the ball would be tossed across the circle.  You can get really creative with this game though—the last shower we did any gift bag, any books opened, any bath items etc.  Then whoever has the ball at the end wins a prize!  Guests really seem to enjoy it! 

IMG_0541

For this game I filled a baby bottle with sprinkles and had each guest write down how many they thought were in there.  I actually counted how many sprinkles were in a half an ounce (285!) and then weighed the full bottle to see how many were in there. (5700!)  The winner was the guest who came closest to the actual amount—which I think still ended up being about 1000 off. :)

IMG_0561

The final game we had was a fun one… we gave each person a chunk of Play Dough and had them make Hadley. :)  When they were all done we had my sister pick her favorite to win a prize!

For prizes I got some cute tumblers from the dollar spot at Target and filled them with candy.  I also let them take home one of the vase centerpieces pictured above.

IMG_0540

For favors I simply packed up little portions of sprinkles for the guests to take home.

IMG_0557IMG_0565IMG_0575IMG_0577IMG_0578

I had so much fun “sprinkling” my sister… I hope she felt so loved!  I know that little Hadley is so loved already and we all can’t wait to meet her—soon!

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! I love this idea!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sprinkle shower - so, so fun! i might just steal this next time i'm planning a shower (err sprinkle!) for a little lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww those cousins are all going to be so close as they grow up! That's awesome! This whole shower is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the bright colors! You probably know by now I'm a fan of colorful decor! Looks like a really happy time celebrating for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. being an aunty is just the BEST! love the set up and love your stripe coordination with your sister haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, you throw some of the cutest parties! A Baby Sprinkle instead of Shower?? That is so adorable and perfect! The decorations are awesome and those games sound fantastic. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)